Thursday, January 17, 2008

Bliss~


There's been a word following me around lately,(you know when you hear or see something then all of a sudden it seems like it's everywhere?)
It's ~"BLISS"
I have never used that word much or really heard it that often but it seems to be just "wanting" me to notice it.
What is "bliss"? The official definition follows~

"blithesomeness; gladness; now, the highest degree of happiness; blessedness; exalted felicity; heavenly joy."

Wow,the "highest" degree of happiness! Have I found that? What does that mean?I started thinking about it in bed last night and there are some times in my life that I think I've felt that.
~the days and even exact moments my children were all born
~my wedding day
~seeing my children doing something that makes them completely happy

ok,other than that I can't think of a time when I could say that I've acheived "heavenly joy"
In the definition it also mentions "blessedness",now I think most days I feel very blessed in my life but that seems different to me than the other stuff.
I would love to be able to feel that way every day,I mean who wouldn't?!Is it a feeling,a state of mind,a journey?
Maybe someone is trying to tell me something? I even saw a book I beleive it was (or possibly an article,I can't recall right now but I noticed it)called "Finding Your Bliss"
How do you go about that? (on a daily basis anyway)
I mean I know I've probably been much more focused on the negatives in my life recently so maybe this is the brick I needed to fall on my head?
I believe Oprah said when those little "whispers" speak to you~LISTEN!
Ok,Ok "BLISS"~I'm listening,now where do I begin?






No comments: