Monday, January 28, 2008

Mondays...(((sigh)))

I had an ok weekend,I thought the kids were finally getting over whatever they all had then Sat night my baby came down with it.It's awful when they're sick and there just isn't a whole lot that you can do other than comfort them. He has an ear infection and when I say that I MEAN it.I've never actually been able to SEE it in one of the kids ears but I could with this one. I guess his ear drum actually burst and all the "stuff" came out.It totally freaked me out but I guess it's fairly common.NOT pretty!I'm sure it's quite painful too,poor little guy.
My girls and I sat around and watched movies yesterday which I very raely do and even when a movie is on I still get up every 5 minutes and run around.I find it very difficult to sit for that long whie I'm thinking about 25 things that need to be done.I actually sat through "Steel Magnolias"(yes,again!) and get this...."Titanic"! What is that like 3 hours long???!!!I adore both of those tear-jerkers,so as you can guess I spent more than 4 1/2 hours on the couch crying.lol I must be getting sick or something though to stay in one place for that long,I did have a very sore throat last night and have been guzzling hot tea.Please don't let me get it,what's the chance I won't tho? (slim....very slim)

I spent ALL last Sunday cooking freezer meals,this was something I'd wanted to try but never have.Well,while I have enjoyed not having to come up with dinner every night it was sooo exhausting! It took 2 days to recover from all that.Man,I'm old.
Here is a list of what I made.................
lasagna
mac n cheese
taco meat
spaghetti sauce
broc casserole
chicken noodle casserole
meat loaf
BBQ meatballs
beef n bean enchiladas
grilled chicken
lemon pepper chicken
roated rosemary chicken w/veggies
chicken n dumplings(from the roasted chicken)this was by far the whole familys fave!
I know there was a couple more but I can't remember what they were now.
It's been nice to have homemade meals every night but I'm tellin ya by last night the kids were begging for take out pizza!!! Should my feelings be hurt?lol
I might do the freezer thing again but maybe not so much in one day,lesson learned.
I actually got inspired from this wonderful lady at her blog,it's one of my faves to visit.

http://thehomespunheart.blogspot.com/search/label/from%20my%20kitchen

Tonight I'm making Easy Salisbury steak over noodles.My mom used to make this but I never really tried it till I found this recipe,it's good and easy!

Speedy Salisbury Steak


1 egg
1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted, divided
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 teaspoon salt
Pinch pepper
1-1/2 pounds ground beef
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons cold water
6 cups hot cooked egg noodles
Chopped fresh parsley, optional
Directions:
In a large bowl, beat egg. Stir in 1/3 cup of soup, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture; mix gently. Shape into six oval patties.
In a skillet, brown patties over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside; drain. Add the water, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and remaining soup to skillet. Bring to a boil. Return patties to skillet. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Remove patties. Combine flour and cold water until smooth. Stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve patties and gravy over noodles. Garnish with parsley if desired. YUM!

I actually already made this earlier today so I just have to re-heat it.

I'm hoping and praying that my baby is on the mend by tomorrow,the anti-biotics usually start kicking in in a day or so.He just seems to have gotten it so much worse than the others did.










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Googled to find a good easy recipe for Salisbury Steak. Wow, this one looks good. Never had it with noodles before, but I think I'll give it a try tonight. Thanks :)