Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It's still winter


Well,the 60 degree days we had were just a little tease for spring because now we're freezing! It's like 18 here right now!
BRRRR!
I got this recipe in my e-mail this morning from
http://www2.gooseberrypatch.com/
it sounds soooo good.I have been obsessed with soup lately mainly because it's generally easy,fast and not high in fat or calories.This recipe could even be tweaked a bit to make it more WW (weight watchers)friendly.
Is there anything better on a freezing cold day than soup,especially with cheese!!!
I think not.

Cheddar Cheese Soup~~
1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
2 12-oz. cans evaporated milk
1 c. beer or chicken broth
2 t. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. dry mustard
1/4 t. cayenne pepper
8-oz. pkg. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese


Garnish: additional shredded cheese, sliced green onion

Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, stirring constantly until bubbly. Add evaporated milk; bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; stir in beer or broth, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Simmer for 10 minutes; stir in cheese until melted. Garnish as desired. Makes 4 servings.

Here is a little winter poem my 8 yr old daughter wrote,thought it was appropriate

~I feel a chill
Beside the windmill

Snow falls all around
right onto the ground

I threw a snowball
right when I fall





No comments: