Thursday, October 4, 2007

Hello October



Well,I'm still here,it's been a bit crazy around here lately.I won't go into all of it but I'm hoping and praying that things calm down soon.I need them to.
I so love this time of year but it's been difficult for me to really "get into it" so far.I'm decorating the house for Halloween but I'm usually done by now,just not as motivated as I've been in the past.I know I still have a little time and I'm really trying.I've always adored Autumn but never was a huge fan of Halloween itself till I had kids.I think they look forward to it just about as much as they do Christmas!
The costume debates go on for weeks,they love decorating and the spookier the better.The pumpkin carving is huge and the night before Trick or Treat night I doubt they even sleep.I've really learned to enjoy it so much more over the years.
I've gotten several new magazines in the mail and I just love the fall/halloween issues!I have found a few recipes that I want to try,one for pumpkin rice krispie treats that will be going to the school "fall party".
Here it is,they just look too cute!


Ingredients:
3 tablespoons margarine or butter
1 (10 ounce) package marshmallows (about 40), or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
6 cups Kelloggs Rice Krispie cereal
1/2 tsp. orange food coloring PLUS 10 extra drops

You will need:
Pumpkin shaped cookie cutter to make the pumpkin shape

For the Stems:
Green apple licorice (about 4 1/2, cut into 1-inch stems)

Instructions:
1. Melt margarine or butter in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.

2. Add the rice krispie cereal and orange food coloring. Stir until well coated.

3. Using a buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture evenly into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated well with cooking spray. Using the pumpkin shaped cookie cutter, cut out treats. Let treats cool and place the green apple licorice pieces on top for the stems. Enjoy.

No comments: