Monday, October 8, 2007

I have surely died and gone to fried food heaven

One of my friends was telling me the other day about ordering fried mac n cheese at a fave restauraunt and it sounded too good to be true.(drool drool)I haven't been able to get that heavenly vision out of my mind. I think I've actually seen it on a menu before but never tried it.I decided to look it up on the food network site and came up with this.......
Holy cow,could we get any better than PAULA DEENS fried mac n cheese!!!!!!!!!
I'm going to have to try this,it's not something I would eat often and I'm pretty sure 1-2 pieces would put you over the reccomended daily fat-intake for humans but hey,we only live once right!!!??


Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
Peanut oil, for frying
1 recipe "The Lady's Cheesy Mac" prepared, chilled in the refrigerator overnight, and cut into 15 bite-sized squares, recipe follows
Flour, for dredging
1 egg, beaten
Plain bread crumbs, for dredging

Heat 2 inches of oil in a large, heavy Dutch oven to 350 degrees F.
Dredge each Cheesy Mac square in flour, then egg, and then bread crumbs to coat. Fry for about 1 minute on each side until golden brown. Drain on paper towels before serving.


"The Lady's Cheesy Mac":
4 cups cooked elbow macaroni, drained
2 cups grated Cheddar
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Once you have the macaroni cooked and drained, place in a large bowl and while still hot, add the Cheddar. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and add to the macaroni mixture. Pour macaroni mixture into a casserole dish and bake for 30 to 45 minutes. Top with additional cheese, if desired.

1 comment:

Paradise at last! said...

They sound yummy you know those ones at the CF I think have different kinds of cheese in them, play with it.. But can you ship some down?