Sunday, September 2, 2007

Silliness,milestones,and rolls





My kids were acting even sillier than usual today so I took some pics.
The hat belongs to my oldest son,the boys were actually fighting over it.I know it must have been because it was so cold and all.
The weather has been FANTASTIC for the last 2 days and it's so nice to not be sweating every time you set your foot outside!
I can not believe it's september already,it seems like summer break just began and now the kids have been back in school for almost 2 weeks.
I soooo can not wait for fall to roll in!
We did some bedroom switch-a-roo with the kids rooms today,it started out being just one and somehow it turned into 3.My oldest daughter wanted to move up to the attic,(it's finished with a full bath etc)so we started that then decided to go ahead and move the youngest into her room.(He's been sleeping in our bedroom since he was born)I'm having conflicting feelings about this.I know he needed to be in his own room and he went right to sleep without even a whimper but well,shoot.....I miss him!
He's my baby and now he's not going to be right there where I can see him and hear him.I should be used to little milestones like this by now but it never gets any easier no matter how many times you go through it. What on earth an I going to do when one of them goes to college,or (GULP) GETS MARRIED!!!???
I remember my mom telling me about all these little moments of "letting go",of course I didn't listen and thought she was being overly emotional but it's true.She was right,watching your kids grow up is wonderful and excruciating at the same time.I think she always called it "bittersweet.
Yep,I'm in for a long road.
So anyway after we did as much moving around as we could stand today(all I did was tell hubby where to put stuff actually) I attempted something I have never done before in my life,I made homemade rolls!! I've wanted to try to make bread or biscuits or something but these sounded fairly easy and I had pot roast cooking in the crock pot all day.It just sounded so good together.
I think they turned out ok,(well actually a little flat and they tasted more like biscuits to me)but the kids really gobbled them up.I was pretty proud of myself,the thought of making bread has always been intimidating to me on every level.lol
proof~





Well,tomorrow is the official end to summer,bring on FALL!!!!

No comments: