Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Yummy Recipe

I got this recipe in my e-mail today,I love gingerbread and pumpkin so hey I can't go wrong with this one!I'm making it this weekend.
It came from this book (which I LOVE!)


Pumpkin Gingerbread Cake
3 c. sugar
1 c. oil
4 eggs
2/3 c. water
15-oz. can pumpkin
2 t. ground ginger
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. allspice
1 t. nutmeg
1 t. ground cloves
3-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. baking powder
1-1/2 t. salt
Garnish: 8-oz. container frozen whipped topping, thawed
Beat together sugar, oil and eggs. Add water; mix well. Beat in pumpkin and spices; set aside. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir into pumpkin mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour into a greased 13"x9" baking pan; bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, until a toothpick tests clean. Cool slightly. Serve warm or cold, garnished with whipped topping. Serves 12

No comments: