Friday, June 29, 2007

Still making changes


I posted last week about needing to make some changes in my eating and generally trying to get (everyone) healthier. It's been 6 days and I'm still doing ok. The 1st 3 days I did great! Lots of whole natural foods,no processed meals,no fast food,fruit smoothies,whole wheat pastas,veggies,etc I felt good and energetic. I've had some slip-ups and not so great days,(thank you dear hubby for bringing home 2 giant pizzas wed night,lol) but all in all I've been ok. One thing I'm very proud of myself for is staying away from fast food for almost a week, which is no easy task but I feel better for it.

I have eaten some frozen diet meals but I think compared to other things I could be eating it aint too awful!

I've also been working a little tiny bit (baby steps) with some light weights and hopping on the tread mill when I get a chance. This is going to be a long road,I knew that going in. I'm comitted to this tho, I totally want and need to do this for ME.

Above is my mid-day snack I've been eating every day,I got the recipe from Oprah.com. She has lost a ton of weight and looks fantastic so I thought I'd try it. It's chocked full of fiber and very little fat or calories.It's filling for a snack, tasty and full of all the good stuff for you! Pretty soon I'm just going to be so healthy I won't be able to stand myself.lol!

No comments: