Friday, June 22, 2007

time for a CHANGE!


I've known this for a long time now but actually getting motivated enough to see it thorough has been a real issue for me. That changed last night.

I went to Sams Club (I absolutely have to shop there now) then went to Kroger to get a few things that I couldn't get at Sams. I sat in the car for awhile in the parking lot,my feet throbbing,my legs aching,and my back feeling like someone had kicked me over and over. I seriously wondered if I could get out and make it through the store.Something is very very wrong here. This is not an isolated incident either,I feel like this (to some degree) almost every day.I have good energetic days but they are very few and far between these days. I'm too young to feel like an old lady.

I've had every blood test known,my BP is good,my heart is good,not anemic,no arthritis.I've had 3 Drs so far tell me I had "Fibromyalgia",which I guess is possible but there is no real definitive diagnosis with it.

My little voice in my head and pretty much everything else knows that I need to make a change.

I need to change the way we eat,I need to exercise more,and I need to simlify my life. The stress,the clutter,all the worry,it has huge impact on our mental and physical health.I never understood what my mom meant when she said"You'll worry yourself sick".I do now.

My brain knows this and now I must put it into action.I want the energy to play with my kids,I want to feel my age not 70.

I guess there comes a time in your life when a big coffee and a diet pill won't get you thru the day anymore. All the abuse that you have subjected your body and soul to catches up and takes a giant bite out of your butt!

How do we get to this point? How do we neglect ourselves to the point of illness? I never in a million years thought this would happen to me but it has.This is not really a big lightening strike revelation either,these thoughts have been bubbling under the surface for a long time now. I needed that one moment to kick my butt into gear,I think I got it crying in the car last night.

I hope to have many more years ahead,with my kids and grandkids and any other adventures life has to offer. I want to be a particapant,I want to be there.

Time for a change~

1 comment:

Paradise at last! said...

Don't cry.. I wish I was there to help you along with the changes.. I'll support you from afar though.