Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sunday~RAIN!


Well a week ago we were all hoping for rain now it won't stop! It's not really pouring down rain but it's dreary and drizzly.(is that a word?) I guess they are saying no sunshine till Thursday either. YUK!
We were going to try to head to the Zoo today but I can't see that happening now. I haven't been to the zoo for years and I know the little ones would love love love to see the animals!
I'm hoping to be able to do it next weekend.
I'm pretty tired too considering my little 14 month old blonde alarm clock named Logan woke me up at 6 am again today! I have no idea why he does this and it makes no difference what time he goes to bed,it's still the same wake-up call every day. What kills me is that NO ONE in the whole house wakes up except me,and he is LOUD! I guess it's those bat radar "MOMMY EARS".
Alex made breakfast this morning,he asked me to walk him thru scrambled eggs and I did . My controlling nature found it hard to let him do this on his own but I used all the strenghth I could muster up and let him do it all. You know what,I swore that when my kids went to college or out on their own that they would be able to cook and do laundry for themselves at least. I really had to learn it all by trial and error due to the fact that I had the overprotective,controlling,people pleasing (and wonderful!) mom growing up. I do remember cooking and asking to learn by the time I was 13-14 and she let me do it too,now I know how difficult that must have been for her to not do it for me and clean it all up as I destroyed the kitchen.
Anyway......... he did a great job and everyone ate the eggs!
I'm still up in the air about what to do today,we all need to get out of the house for sure. (meaning me!) I guess I'll play it by ear.

No comments: