Wednesday, August 1, 2007

New thing I discovered


I have a new fave thing to use when I'm cooking,it's called "Herbs De Provence".It's a lush combination of spices including Rosemary,Marjoram,Thyme,Savory,Lavendar,and Fennel seed all wrapped up in one fabulous little bottle!! I never knew it even existed until a recipe I was making out of one of Sandra Lees cookbooks called for it.I'm in love with it,the aroma alone will win you over and send you right to the french countryside.(not that I've ever smelled it there but I'm thinking it might be close!)
I've used it on chicken,steaks,even veggies.
My mother in law has been sending me gobs of fresh beans from her garden so I've been whipping this up almost every day,everyone loves it and it makes the house smell Yummy!


3-4 cups beans (fresh or frozen)
3 TBSP olive oil
1 TBSP butter
salt pepper
1-2 TBSP herbs De Provence
fresh grated parmesan cheese

saute beans in olive oil and butter for about 10 min till tender but still crisp
add all ingredients and saute for a few more min
sprinle cheese on top
you could even throw in a handful of pine nuts if you feel like it

Delish!!

1 comment:

Paradise at last! said...

My mom loves that stuff she buys it from the farmers market here.. It's good on chicken just baked on.