Monday, August 6, 2007

Whew!


I just finished making a list of all I have to do in the next 2 weeks before the kids go back to school,all I can say is YIKES!I have 4 in school this year and 1 possibly going to pre-school.I've got to get back to school clothes,which the oldest 3 refuse to let me pick out anymore so that means a 3-day jaunt to let them pick out all the stuff that I won't like. I do feel it's important to let them be individuals though so I'm ok when they look at what I pick and take off running.
I need to get the massive amount of school supplies required for all 4,which means I might need an extra van to bring them all home in.
the endless search for a "cool" new book bag
Drs appointments
dentist appts
1 eye appt
soccer sign up for 1 of them
a hair appt for my oldest daughter who says she's not going to Junior High without a cut and highlights(she is her Mommas daughter after all!)
jr high orientation
and some other odds and ends activities and errands that must be done by the Big "1st Day".
So, I have 2 weeks to accomplish all this and the thought alone is wearing me out. The tradition of going back to school has seemed to turn into a huge ordeal around here over the years,but to tell you the truth I do enjoy it.They seem genuinely excited which I think is WONDERFUL. I have to admit I'm looking forward to a little slower pace during the day myself.

No comments: